Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Shall We Give This a Try?




I once read in a book, that an old British superstition states when a person simply says "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit" upon waking up on the first day of the month, and on doing so will receive good luck for the duration of that month. So let's give it a try, shall we?

I'm reading this book from the fantasy genre (cause that's what I usually read), and it totally dawned upon me. I want to read something educational. Laugh all you want. I think I'll put the fiction stuff down for a bit, and start getting books about cultures, the ocean, or something intellectual. I used to be so interested in Hinduism, Egyptians, and all the Greek stuff. And then those interests all went away once I discovered the internet and a camera. What happened? I used to dream on going to all those old tombs and places like Ghana, Bolivia, and Machu Picchu. Now all I want to visit is New York City so I can go shopping at Shoegasm or something like that. It's all just something I need to start thinking about.

I'm going to start driving soon. My father already has a car for me. Aren't I a lucky guy?

I've also been thinking about how afraid I am to experiment with stuff. I've never dyed my hair, because I'm scared it all fall out. I don't dress the way I want to at home, because I'm afraid I'll be called gay by my family. I never wear any of the hats I buy, nor do I wear half of the clothes I have. I'm scared of scuffing those boots, so I never take them out of the box. I never want to use my camera on the small interesting stuff, because I'm afraid the batteries will go dead, when I really need it. I'm just tired of being scared and worried and paranoid about every little thing. Let me start this revolution I promised all of you.

I'mma start getting out of my comfort zone.
I'mma start doing the stuff I say I'm going to do.
And this time, I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment