Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

"Inception" Dream


Here is another post about dreams, since it so happens to be one of my favorite things. It's also something I've been meaning to talk about for a while. If you've seen the movie Inception, than you can already imagine exactly what I am talking about. If you haven't, let's just say it's about having a dream.. but then falling asleep inside said dream, and having a dream. Think of it as a layered cake. The first layer (the icing) is real life. The second layer is your dream. The third layer down is the dream you are having inside your dream. Sound confusing? Yes. Is it possible? Well almost. Have I had such experience? Yes, twice now. Once a while back and again just last night (when my Wifi was down, I must add).

FALSE AWAKENING

IS A VIVID AND CONVINCING DREAM ABOUT AWAKENING FROM SLEEP, WHILE THE DREAMER IN REALITY CONTINUES TO SLEEP. AFTER A FALSE AWAKENING, SUBJECTS OFTEN DREAM THEY ARE PERFORMING DAILY MORNING RITUALS SUCH AS COOKING, CLEANING AND EATING. A SUBSET OF FALSE AWAKENINGS, NAMELY THOSE IN WHICH ONE DREAMS THAT ONE HAS AWOKEN FROM SLEEP THAT FEATURED DREAMS, TAKE ON ASPECTS OF A DOUBLE DREAM OR A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM.

So it IS possible to have a dream and think you are waking up, but it's not exactly a layered cake anymore. It's one layered with reality (the icing) and the dream. However, inside that dream you have a "false awakening" to which you believe to be reality.

THIS WAS MY DREAM LAST NIGHT:

I was fighting with my mother and sister. They looked scared, concerned and was demanding to take a picture of me. I kept yelling and pushing the camera away. When I was younger and I took photographs of myself, there were little orbs around me. There wasn't any around me anymore. "It's the camera flash!" I yelled. They managed to take a quick snapshot and there were no orbs. They wanted to know why. But I was confused.

I woke up. It was dark. I thought that dream was a little odd. In real life, I did happen to find myself with a bunch of orbs around me in old photographs. Like the time we went to Cry Baby Bridge and the weird stuff happened to us. There were a bunch of orbs around only me in the photos. As if they're were angels protecting me or something? But then they disappeared as I got older. Was it the camera or something else? Anyways, I shook it off. It was a weird dream. I sat up and looked to my right to where my clock should have been to check the time. The clock wasn't there. That's very odd, I thought to myself. I then realized I wasn't laying in my soft bed anymore. I was laying on grass. I started to panic. Like really panic. It's not everyday you go to sleep and wake up to find yourself in a completely different place than in your bed. I was outside. But it was pitch black. I couldn't see the moon so I thought it was hiding behind clouds. No gleam of light anywhere. Finally I got up and turned around. I seen my house kitchen lights from a pretty far distance. I knew where I was now. I was close to the woods in my backyard but those are pretty far from my house. How did I end up there? Did I sleepwalk? No, I never do that. Maybe I went outside when it was daylight, lied down and fell asleep till it got dark. That's entirely creepy though. I don't like going near my woods after dark. I know there's coyotes around my neighborhood and I totally believe in Sasquatch. It's so dark down here. I started walking slowly towards my house. As I walked, I got a bit more nervous thinking to myself.. what if something was following me.. I'd never know, it's too dark to tell. I sped up a little. Looked back but saw nothing. I was trying to be really quiet to hear anything but my breath and feet were making too much noise. I started running. Occasionally looking back but still no use. What if there was something down there with me? I can't see. I almost reached my house.. ran into my garage and flew inside the kitchen doors. My breathing was so heavy and my mother was sitting in her chair. "Where in the world have you been? I've been worried sick!" She yelled. I was out of breath and my heart was beating so fast. Thank goodness I made it.


- I jolted awake. I was in my bed, clock was to my right. I just had another Inception dream didn't I?

You can probably admit that dream wasn't TOO SCARY. I didn't actually sense anything was behind me as I was running for the house. But it was VERY SCARY. Your brain tricks you. You wake up the first time so you think you're awake. I thought I was awake. And it made no sense to me how I gotten outside by my woods. Another odd thing about it, is I was almost very lucid. I was having thoughts you don't have in dreams. I was telling myself everything I could think of to why I woke up outside. I am a total 'fraidy cat and I would NEVER go outside close to my woods after dark by myself. I've seen way too many Bigfoot documentaries to have the guts to...

I'm sorry for the super long post. I just wanted to explain it as best as I could. If you had any weird "Inception"/False Awakening dreams I would love to hear them! Or any dreams at all you'd like to share :D

3 comments:

  1. i can say i havent had a dream like that, but i have dreamed of something happening and a few days pass and it occurs and i am like hmm well now what lol... dreams are a gateway to our inner most desires and questions but dont ponder on them too much, might just give u a head ache.. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a dream like this before, but it sounds scary. That paragraph where you woke up in the woods would seem like a good start to a story... I'm a writer and I could actually see that going somewhere. except, not making it back to your house. Idunno though. Have you ever had those dreams where you're falling and you twitch while your sleeping? those dreams freak me out. Okay, Ill stop rambling on now.

    ReplyDelete