Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2022

Where Do I Start Syndrome: the Relapse


Mic check. Mic check,
1... 2... 3...

ErrorLovesPi

OMG WELCOME
BACK MY FRANDS!

Well, well, well... it appears that I have lost track of the time and ultimately fell behind with my poor journal once again. It is becoming such a bad habit... I was even debating whether or not to delete a bunch of entries and start fresh again (honestly, missing chunks of time in my life is a bad punishment enough... let alone, me whining about all the times that I have left and come back) but decided I'm just going to suck it up and keep it moving on. But I've got a lot to catch you up on.


So, I'll start off with the announcement that:

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY 30 YEARS OLD!

Yup... I have entered Chapter 4: the Dirty Thirties.
Accomplishment unlocked. Trophy: Approved.

My birthday (weekend) in October was spent avec Mason at his humble abode leaving only when we shortly departed for the extravagant indulgence of Texas Roadhouse (my favorite). He surprised me with the LEGO Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn and we pretty much finished building it in less than a day. It's awesome... however, no photos seem to give it justice. I'm hoping to acquire a new game desk / setup / Battle Station very shortly so I can display it next to the PS5 and my other miscellaneous Aloy goodies in the fashionable way that they deserve.

Soon after my birthday, my computer (that I've had since 2012, which came with Windows 7 installed and later upgraded to Windows 10...) began showing signs of its technological age and got to the point where even the basic jobs I wanted to achieve started giving me problems. So, Mason, being the best friend that he is decided it would be fun to teach me how to build a computer. He ordered a bunch of parts and we built twin computers, one for each of us. The whole experience was fun and easier than I thought it would be and after a few minor setbacks I acquired this lil beast:

Lil Beast PC

NOT THE BEST PHOTO...
PLEASE EXCUSE THE CORD MESS... I NEED TO DO SOME MANAGEMENT.
I AM ALSO PLANNING TO REMODEL THE BEDROOM TOO
SO THE BACKGROUND IS A LIL UGLY AT THE MOMENT AS WELL

But don't be fooled by its elegant beauty or its dainty size. It can do some of the hardest tasks by a snap of its tiny digital Thanos fingers and it will indeedly make a worthy companion for years to come. It's even ready for Windows 11 but I personally don't have any interest of upgrading to that until they add labels back to the taskbar (if they ever). But now I might actually be able to edit videos without the computer trying to upforth vomit its insides, prepared for the world to end. Coincidentally, my mother's laptop is also trying its hardest to finish itself off soon so I decided I'm just going to give her the old one after Christmas (which is WAY more than capable of doing the tasks she requires) since I will no longer be needing its services.

On a more random note, I decided I felt nostalgic enough that I wanted to order a new MP3 player like the good old days of being a teenager (when I couldn't afford an actual iPod) so I found one on eBay for only $30 and when it arrived, I turned it on to find that it was already pre-loaded with a delightful assortment of Chinese music. After moving to Sycamore, we discovered the absolute best Chinese buffet restaurant located in Tiffin nearby but laugh every time we go there because it sounds like they play the same two Chinese songs over and over. Well, you can imagine the lols that it created when I first played them and discovered the music on the player sounds exactly like the songs from the Chinese restaurant lol. But I should have waited to even order the player in the first place because about a week or so later, I found a better audio player / voice recorder at the Bin Place for only $6 which even comes with an eternal speaker. So, I copied all the Chinese songs over to the new one and now I go around constantly annoying my family with the enchanting splendor of Chinese culture (and hoping subliminally that they'll want to go to the buffet soon after).

Delightful MP3 Player

I TRANSLATED ONE OF THE SONG TITLES
AND IT SAID "TEST MUSIC #13"

Anyway, I was going to write a small blurb about my twenties here but decided against it since I don't want to keep living in the "coulda woulda shoulda" or make it sound as if the last decade was negative in any way but the part I wanted to say here is that I am more than happy to be welcoming my thirties and I have a lot of goals I want to achieve in the next 10 years.

So, it's time for me to get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment