Pages

Monday, December 02, 2019

Cedar Point 2k19


Cedar Point

. . .

It is now time for the end of the season mega coaster status post from the adventures I collected this year. I wanted to do this a month ago to compensate for closing day but just never got around to it. I was also meaning to post these as the year went along so I didn't have a billion photos to go through... but alas I guess I was a glutton for punishment. Unfortunately when my phone crashed, I also lost the stats I was keeping throughout the season to keep track of my trips, ride counts, dates, etc. so I'm gonna have to settle for what I can remember.

• Visits to Cedar Point: 8
• Visits to Kings Island: 2
• Coaster Credits: 24

For living 2 hours away from CP and 5 hours from KI and NOT being able to drive yet and piggybacking off my friends to get there... it's pretty impressive I got that amount. Last year my count to CP was 9 so I still beat my record this year for total park visits along with total rides ridden.

This year I was lucky enough to splurge on the FunPix pass so I was able to get a bunch of on-ride pictures and will be putting some of the better ones in the cut below. I don't really have any interest of getting the FunPix again next season because I felt like I was more concerned about how I was posing and not giving my complete attention to just enjoying the rides. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the rides and enjoyed the FunPix but it's not an "every year mandatory" type of thing.


Let's begin...

May 14th was the first day to CP. I usually try to avoid opening weekend and try to visit as many times as I can before school lets out in June which will probably be more effective once I learn how to drive. May 14th was the first Tuesday they were open so it wasn't very busy and overall a great first day to go.

Steel Vengeance

Of course stopping at Steel Vengeance first
during Early Entry is mandatory.

You can't really tell by the small photo but when we got in line for SV, they were running the train through with the water dummies (the white things sitting in the seats). After a few runs throughs, they unscrewed the tops and ran them through a few more times so the water could splash(?) out. It was kinda neat to watch.

Steel Vengeance

"Oh shit I have a FunPix pass, where's the camera?" — Me



We are happy to be back!

* * *

Next trip was with Nikko and Mike just a few days later on the 17th. This was the day Nikko lost his glasses on Magnum and he had to borrow Mike's to drive home. It was scary.





* * *

June 1st was next. Went with Nikko and his friends. I was dealing with some gut issues at this time so this whole day was almost miserable. I tried to make the most of it and thankfully, I survived.



In pain because I hate Magnum so much
and it wasn't making my gut feel any better.







A major storm started rolling in
and it looked absolutely insane / wicked!

* * *

Back again on June 14th!



Lol @ the old lady behind me
and did the girl in front of me pass out?



Rougarou!



Coaster hair... don't care.

* * *

Hi and welcome to Chili's on July 1st!







Best ride ever!
Robert doesn't like where I choose to sit on Raptor
so he picked a different seat and put me with strangers.

* * *

July 20th. This time we decided to mix it up and park in the front to do different rides for Early Entry. We ended up getting 4 rides on Valravn and 2 on GateKeeper in just that hour alone!



Empty seats...



If I'm remembering correctly, we also got 4 or 5 rides on Millennium this day as well.



Cheesin' out on the best coaster in the world!

* * *

A month later with Matt.



Still painful.





* * *

Now onto the best (and last) day of the season for me, September 15th. Halloweekends just started so the crowds were getting super packed and everybody was purchasing the new Gold Pass. Thankfully, I was able to renew next year's pass and get a free Fast Lane Plus so we could skip the lines and go hardcore. It did not disappoint and was a fantastic way to end the season off! 'Twas a great day (and season) indeed.







Someone got sick in the train in front of us,
so I snuck my phone out for a selfie.















Bypassing the 2+ hour wait on Raptor and
going straight to the front.

* * *

AND DONE!
What a great and successful season it's been!
Can't wait to see what 2020 brings
& shout out to my coaster buddies and friends!

* * *

KINGS ISLAND 2019 ADVENTURE:
BIT.LY/35Sg4dI

PREVIOUS CEDAR POINT ADVENTURES:
BIT.LY/2Gxq7Lg

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a blast, always good to enjoy life while you can 😁

    ReplyDelete