Pages

Friday, April 01, 2022

Some Plans


So, Mason insists on taking me to North Carolina in August to visit Holden Beach... a trip that will last more than a week and take about 12 hours to get there by car. It will be the longest drive I have ever endured and the longest I will have ever been away from home (a record previously held by our trip to Georgia in 2015 which lasted 4 days). I also have to do like a million things to prepare for that trip... like buying new clothes and whipping myself into shape so I can have an iron butt to show off.

Of course, the only way to achieve an iron butt is to start exercising which I have been dreading to do so for years but it's definitely been on my to-do / goal list ever since I was like 13 (I've always had an ideal dream body in mind, even though I was way too skinny back then). *Heavy sigh* I've got to get it going though... I don't want to have my first ever beach experience and feel uncomfortable the whole time.

In other news, last month I was lucky enough to get Horizon Forbidden West for PS5 and have been playing it nonstop. It's truly an absolute masterpiece and just as epic as the first one (Horizon Zero Dawn), which I've played like 4 times since its release in 2017. I've come to decide these games are probably my favorite video games of all time. I've always thought the Tomb Raider series was my fave but there's something so magical about the Horizon series that I believe Tomb Raider could take a few notes from. I'm about 90% of the way through Forbidden West and already looking forward to my second play-through after I'm done with this one. So yes, I definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment