Pages

Friday, January 01, 2021

Welcome to 2021


HOLEY FREAKIN'
MOLEY





IT'S 2021





Well, ladies and gentlemen... the rumors are true.
The time is finally here...

we've officially made it out of 2020 alive


A N D I really hope the new year has treated you well, all things still considered. Personally, I chose to spend the time by going on a TV hunt with my friend Mason (pictured above), mounting it in his living room and testing it's glory with Alien: Covenant. Orange chicken may have also been involved...

Anyway... I realize it's been ages since I've last updated and I've made it a top priority / New Year's resolution to get out of the habit of abandoning it. For me personally, the past year has been absolutely insane and so many things have happened in the last few months that I'm still trying to figure out how to write them all down. No, seriously. I don't even know where to begin...


But I guess I can start off by announcing:

THE MOVE IS
OFFICIALLY OVER


AS OF SEPTEMBER 1ST


Yup... we have officially sold our house after about 9 years of planning, cleaning, remodeling and fixing it up so that we could move and be closer to my sister. Our patience and hard work finally paid off and this new chapter has finally begun. IT'S BEEN CRAZY AF! I might as well become a certified house re-modeller / mover from all of the insane work we had to do to get here. We had to literally gut the inside of the new house that was supposed to be torn down... and build it back up in less than two months. WE DID IT... however, even now I still feel exhausted beyond belief. Obviously, there is still a lot of little things to be done to the house but for the most part we are settled in for the winter. Absolutely insane... I'm thinking back at it and I still don't quite understand how we managed to do it in the time that we had available. 90 degree weather, working our asses off and moving 27 years of extreme packratting from the last house... I'm just so glad that it's finally over and I can finally put that stress behind me.

In general: I am quite happy here. I have fallen in love with the land, the town, and the surrounding cities. I actually met Mason just a few weeks after we moved in so it's been nice to already have good company to make the changes seem less intense.

Ok. I'll be adding more later...
for now, let's do this 2021 thang.

No comments:

Post a Comment