Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Kings Island 2k21




Yup...
the trip to Kings Island was just as I expected...
delightful.

On Wednesday afternoon we set out for our journey to Mason, Ohio. From my new place, the drive only took about 2.5 hours which was actually pretty awesome considering it was chopped down from the 3.5 hours like it was from my last house. We got to the hotel, dropped off our bags and left again to visit the Micro Center that was nearby. Gazed around there for about an hour then hit up Donatos Pizza for dinner (first time I ever tried it). When we got back to the hotel we watched some of the Chucky marathon that was on Syfy till I was able to fall asleep.

The next day the birbs outside woke me up at 4 AM so we hit up the Waffle House for breakfast (or how we like to call it: Faffle Haus) pretty early then hung out at the hotel until it was time for the fun to begin. We got to ride Mystic Timbers, The Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight of Fear, The Bat and Adventure Express. Then Mason decided to take a break and sit out while I rode Banshee, Diamondback and Orion (WHOOP WHOOP). I acquired two more of my much needed coaster credits on Flight of Fear and Orion so that was awesome. I never knew Flight of Fear was so heavily themed... everything had alien vibes. In the queue, you walk into an "Area 72" paranormal building and up into a FREAKIN' UFO! Then as you board the ride there's creepy aliens in pods surrounding you. The whole coaster was inside a building in the dark which totally messed with your brain so you lost track of when you were upside down. It was totally fun but caused both of us to get a headache which kinda put a damper on the rest of our day so we just took it slow and got ice cream before we left.

My thoughts on Orion: it was super fun and only the second giga coaster I've ever been on. It seemed much higher than Millennium Force and the drop was a lot more steep but didn't feel as fast as Millennium does (considering Orion is only 2 mph slower). For that reason... Millennium still remains my favorite giga.

On Friday, we hit up Waffle House for breakfast once again and took a slight mini adventure to some biking trails to kill time before the park opened. Rode Banshee and found my new favorite spot... front row left side (which is funny because my favorite spot on Raptor is the complete opposite... back row right side). Then we did Adventure Express two more times, Banshee again, The Bat, Mystic Timbers, The Beast twice and I did Orion one more time. We felt a lot better this day and ended up getting the same amount of rides we did the previous day but in a shorter amount of time. Rode the train ride and got ice cream from Graeter's again... (the mint chocolate chip is amazing what can I say...) and at 4ish the rain started to arrive so we decided to leave and call it a trip. On the way home we saw a cool rainbow and got chicken from Raising Cane's for dinner. Delicious.

In general, the vacation was amazing and I am already missing the beauty and ambience of the park (something Cedar Point needs to work on). I have a new form of appreciation for Banshee after riding it a few more times and I have to say that was my favorite coaster on this trip. It's sad that Vortex is no longer there... for that was my favorite on the last visit. We decided to skip Invertigo (it's lackluster, at best) and The Racer because we wanted to fill up on our favorites but there's always next time. I'm blessed to live in the middle of these two amazing parks for they each own a special place in my heart.

↓ ↓ ↓




On our way...



A picture of Banshee is necessary.



Please don't anger The Beast...



Mason is about to find out what's in "the shed"...

* * *

That's it.
I didn't take many photos like I always say I will because I like to "disconnect" from my phone / camera and just live in the moment. But I do need to step my photography game back up like the good ol' days... at least for the next time I go.

* * *

CEDAR POINT 2019 ADVENTURES:
BIT.LY/2qVviQh

PREVIOUS KINGS ISLAND ADVENTURE:
BIT.LY/35Sg4dI

No comments:

Post a Comment